The extent of Problem of Urinary Incontinence
Up to 70% sufferers are women and most of the females are in the age group of 45 to 55 years when they are in the transition phase of menopause. In most of the patients, Stress incontinence being the most common cause. Various factors like multiple pregnancy, vaginal delivery, age more than 40 years, menopause have been associated with it.
In a study, it was found out that women wait for an average of 6.5 years before seeking diagnosis.
What is the solution for urinary incontinence?
There are options to strengthen the pelvic floor muscles.
- Kegel exercises which strengthen the pelvic floor and help in reducing urinary leakage. Downside is strenuous and draining exercises with unpredictable results.
- Bladder training is done to increase the time duration between your bathroom trips. It can be as long as 4 hours.
- Medications can be effective in some cases but frequent side effects like headache, nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea are usually experienced.
- Electrical stimulation is also an option wherein quick electrical pulses are given to the vaginal walls to tighten them.
- Surgery is invasive and does not guarantee absolute relief.
What is the latest solution for urinary incontinence?
BTL- Emsella is one of the latest and safest treatment available which is non-surgical with no cuts and stitches. It has the power of delivering approximately 11000 kegel in one session of 30 minutes. Patient remains fully clothed and walks out of procedure within 30 minutes. It is suitable for all women and has been proven to reduce use of pads by upto 75%.
How does it work?
Emsella focuses on electromagnetic energy that induces thousands of supramaximal pelvic floor muscle contractions. It helps in muscle re-education of incontinent patients and thus helping control the urge.
What is the cost of Emsella sessions?
Usually, to assure consistent and good results we offer a very affordable package. Patient safety is pf utmost important in COVID times and to ensure safety of everyone, appointments are spaced and done well in advance. In our endeavor to help females in their fight against incontinence a reasonable price of Rs. 40000 for 10 sessions is being offered.