Complete Guide to Blepharoplasty or Eyelid Surgery in India
Your eyes are the windows to your soul. Beauty has often been associated with description of beautiful eyes. Every literature, movies and songs have always been alluded by beautiful eyes. But with age, face shows the first sign and the saggy skin around the eyes or eyebags are usually first noticed.
It is most commonly described by the expression,
Why are you tired?
Did you sleep less?
If you are bored of being asked about these questions and want a solution, the answer is blepharoplasty in India.
What is Blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery is surgery to correct the excess saggy skin or remove eyebags in a scarless way. It is a highly specialized procedure and is done by a plastic surgeon who is well trained in facial aesthetics and eyelid rejuvenation. The surgery although seems dangerous but under right expertise it is safe and painless.
What is done in blepharoplasty?
Blepharoplasty or eyelid surgery in India is usually done for
- Excess skin around upper eyelid
- Saggy eyelid skin causing difficulty in vision
- Puffy looking eyes due to fat deposition
- Skin wrinkles in the lower eyelid
- Eye bags giving tired looks
Blepharoplasty in India can be done with other procedures like facelift, browlift, fat transfer to reverse the aging clock. It can also be done with procedures like canthopexy which stabilizes the droopy eyelid or taking care of muscle around eye.
IMPORTANT thing to remember is that eye is not affected in anyway in blepharoplasty. It improves the shape of extraocular structures that is outside the eyeball. It can include the eyelid skin, fat deposits, weak lid muscles or providing support.
Who is the right candidate for blepharoplasty?
If you are considering eyelid surgery in India, then these are some basic conditions to consider:
- No problem in vision or excessive dry eyes
- No or controlled morbidities to ensure normal healing
- Realistic expectations
- Baggy eyes, wrinkles eyelid skin, saggy skin, eyebags
- You need to have realistic goals about the blepharoplasty results and trust your surgeon
- You should not have any serious eye conditions.
A proper assessment is made before blepharoplasty which includes complete assessment of facial features, vision, medical issues if any to ensure safe and natural looking results.
How Much Blepharoplasty Costs in India?
The cost of blepharoplasty in India depends on multiple factors.
- Hospital fees
- OT Charges
- Anaesthesia charges
- Surgeon’s Face
Blepharoplasty is a commonly done procedure, but patients are afraid when it comes to face. Latest technology, good technique, good setup is some of the prerequisites. Therefore, it is important to do your research before going for surgery.
Blepharoplasty cost in India can vary from region to region, expertise of surgeon and many other factors. Lower charges can prove counterproductive as some times it can result in botched surgery and you might have to go for surgery again! So choose, wisely.
Blepharoplasty in India – Surgery
Blepharoplasty can be done in local or general anaesthesia depending on extent of surgery, patient’s comfort.
Upper Eyelid Surgery in India (Steps)
- Markings: Carefully marking of incision site
- Incision: Cut is given in the natural crease of eyelid so that there is no visible scar. Very thin incision is used to take out excess skin, muscle or fat and rejuvenate eyelid.
- Stitch: Stitch is removed after a week and it is well hidden.
Lower Eyelid Surgery in India (Steps)
- Markings: Carefully marking of incision site either along lash line or inner side of lid.
- Incision: Cut is given in the natural crease of eyelid so that there is no visible scar. Very thin incision is used to take out excess skin, muscle or fat and rejuvenate eyelid. The other incision is transconjunctival which is on the eyelid.
- Stitch: Stitch is removed after a week if lash line incision is uses and if inside eyelid, it is well hidden and doesn’t require closure with stitch.
For the lower eyelid, Dr. Chugh uses special 3 point transconjunctival blepharoplasty. This technique involves 3 small cuts inside the lid that doesn’t require any stitch.
Recovering from Blepharoplasty or Eyelid Surgery in India
Most common complaints during recovery:
- Blurred vision due to dry eyes
- Mild pain
- Swelling/puffy lids
- Pain or discomfort
- Bruising around eyes
- Watering eyes
Blepharoplasty in India is mostly day care surgery that is you can return home after few hours. There will be some swelling for few days that resolves. You have to apply cold compression every two hours for 10 minutes that will help reduce swelling and bruising.
Avoid social activities for 10-12 days and any make up or contact lenses for two weeks.
Results from Blepharoplasty Surgery in India
Results can be appreciated immediately after the surgery as swelling and bruising steps in later on the day of surgery. Final results can take up to 3-4 weeks of surgery.
Dr. Anmol Chugh is a board- certified plastic surgeon in India with 10 years of experience. He is a trainee of Dr. Bryan Mendelson who is considered as pioneer in facial cosmetic surgery.
To book an appointment,