How do you prepare for breast augmentation? Ask Your Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
When a woman is considering getting breast implants, she needs to have a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon. The surgeon will examine the patient and look for any signs of scar tissue or other health issues which might prevent them from having the surgery. They may also talk about different types of implants, what size and shape would be best, and what happens during surgery.
When going in for a consultation, it’s important to know that the doctor is there to answer any questions you may have. It’s always best to be prepared ahead of time so you can ask all your questions without feeling rushed.
What happens at a breast augmentation consultation?
A breast augmentation consultation will be held with your surgeon. They will take all your measurements, ask you how big, or how small you want your breasts to be and let you know what kind of implants they offer (both silicone or saline). You’ll also have time to go over the risks of the operation, which include infection, bleeding or getting an asymmetrical result.
How Dr Anmol Chugh understand the breast augmentation problem?
In order to a perfect consultation, you need to be prepared. This will help you ease the anxiety and make the best decision for your health and look.
You should be sure that you’ve selected an experienced and reputable surgeon. They should have a great deal of expertise in the field and they should have a good amount of experience in their practices.
Discuss your preparation with Dr Anmol Chugh. You will need to bring some information with you to the consultation, such as your preferred breast size (not sizes) and your nipple preferences, as well as a list of all medications you are currently taking or you have taken in the past six months.
If you’re not already on birth control or hormone replacement therapy, your counseling session will cover those topics too.
Patients are encouraged to come prepared for their consultation: they should read up on the procedure they want, think about their questions they want answered and make sure they know what to expect during their physical exam. The more informed you are, the less daunting your experience will be.
Questions to Ask for Breast Augmentation?
If you’re considering breast enhancement and want to know if it is right for you, there are some questions to ask before getting a procedure.
Your plastic surgeon should be able to answer many of your questions, but here are some essential ones:
- Are you board certified and what are your credentials?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Am I a good candidate for a breast augmentation?
- How do I know if I want breast implants?
- Why are large breasts so desirable?
- What size of breast implants should I choose?
- What is the recovery time from breast augmentation surgery?
- How much does it cost to have a breast augmentation surgery?
- How will this affect my weight loss efforts?
- Will I need to take any special precautions after surgery?
- What kind of recovery time can I expect?
- How much does this cost and how do we arrange payment for surgery?
- Will my implants change in appearance over time—even after pregnancy and breastfeeding?
- What happens if I choose to have my implants removed in the future?