Breast Reconstruction with Fat grafting or Fat Transfer – Case Study
Patient Profile : 46 year post breast cancer LD flap reconstruction
Concerns: Deflated breast on cancer side.
Want to increase size but don’t want breast Implants.
Plan: Breast fat transfer by liposuction of arms and tummy
Breast Fat transferred – 350 cc
1. Take out Stubborn fat from thighs/tummy/arms
2. Reconstruction with natural fat and not artificial implants
1. Can require multiple sessions as 60-70% fat remains after fat grafting
2. Size not as consistent as Silicone implants
Watch this surgical video to know how it’s done
This video shows two things-
1. Top video- Injection is done under the muscle, can use large volume and large cannula to insert.
2. Bottom video- Injection is placed under the skin with small cannula and syringe.
These intricate things ensure adequate fat survival and long term results.
To know more about Breast Fat transfer
To know more about Dr. Anmol Chugh: Best Plastic Surgeon in India