Can Ayurveda cure Gynecomastia?
To answer this question, let’s see something that I found on Internet regarding gynecomastia and Ayurveda.
- “Management of gynecomastia is generally not required as it may regress on its own.” – Dabur Arogya
- “Powder mix of rock salt, gooseberry, ginger, black pepper can cure gynecomastia.”- Ayurpedia
- “Hakkam churna, Tribulus power help cure gynecomastia.”- Alwaysayurveda
These are one of the few common answers that pop out and confuse people who are suffering from gynecomastia!
NO, Ayurveda cannot cure gynecomastia. The only treatment is surgery that involves liposuction to take out the fat in chest region and removal of breast gland. The confusion arises when gynecomastia is confused with generalized body fat.
Alternate medicines can offer good treatment in cold, cough, fever or other ailments buts there are no ayurvedic medicines available to melt the fat and breast gland.
What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia means female like breasts in males. Due to hormonal imbalance, sometimes around puberty male start developing female like breast gland. This is not related to generalized weight gain. Therefore gynecomastia cannot be cured by exercise, gymming or any other drugs.
What should I do if I have gynecomastia?
Step1: Consult a certified Plastic Surgeon well trained In Cosmetic Surgery
Step2: Ask the right questions in consultation:
- How is gynecomastia surgery done?
- How is the recovery?
- Where will it be done?
- Who will be operating?
- What is the cost of gynecomastia surgery?
- What precautions I need to take after surgery?
Step3: Do your research:
- About Gynecomastia
- About the plastic surgeon
- About the surgery
- About the hospital
Step 4: Go for it!
What is done in gynecomastia surgery?
Two things are done to sculpt the chest
- Removal of fat: Through latest liposuction techniques like VASER and MICROAIRE. Dr. Chugh uses latest technology to minimize bruising and swelling post surgery. This ensures faster recovery and better results.
- Removal of gland: Latest technology allows to remove gland also by side cut in most cases. So no scar is visible in the front of chest around nipple area.
Procedure is usually done under General anaesthesia and takes around 2 hours. Patients are usually discharged in the evening and can resume work after a day of rest.
Dr. Anmol Chugh is one of the most sought-after speakers in both national and international arena. He is also the chief editor of Plasticos which is an international bulletin for plastic surgeons around the globe.
Dr. Anmol Chugh is a board-certified plastic surgeon in India with more than 10 years of experience and expertise in cosmetic surgeries in the domain of aesthetic surgeries.
Having completed his training from premier institutes like Maulana Azad Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital which was then backed by advanced aesthetic surgery training from Australia. Dr. Chugh offers the best and safest cosmetic surgeries and makes an exclusive bespoke plan for each patient.