What you need to Know about Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery?
What you need to Know about Mini Tummy Tuck Surgery? – Reasons, Candidate, Safe, Treatment Cost
What is Mini Tummy Tuck?
The Mini Tummy Tuck is a type of abdominoplasty that aims to remove excess fat, skin, and tissue from the lower abdomen. The procedure is also known as “mini tummy tuck” or “mini tummy tuck surgery”.
It is one of the most popular cosmetic surgeries for women with loose skin in the lower abdomen.
The Mini Tummy Tuck surgery is a procedure to reduce the size of the stomach area. It is done by removing excess fat, tightening or loosening certain muscles, and sometimes tightening or loosening parts of the stomach muscles.
A mini tummy tuck is typically a shorter and less-invasive procedure than a traditional tummy tuck.
This procedure involves removing excess fat through an incision near the navel or along the bikini line, tightening muscles with deep transverse fascial plication, and pulling up lax skin to produce an improved contour of the abdomen.
This surgery can be carried out by a plastic surgeon who will first cut the skin, trim the fat and close the incision with stitches or staples. The doctor can modify this procedure by trimming away additional peritoneum fat and tightening abdominal muscles more than is done in a regular tummy tuck.
What is the Reason for Mini Tummy Tuck?
There are many reasons why you might opt for this procedure.
- You might be bothered by your loose skin or find it difficult to exercise because of all the extra weight you carry around in your stomach area.
- You might also want to improve your appearance after pregnancy or weight loss.
Whatever may be your reason, Mini Tummy Tuck can help you get back into shape and feel confident about yourself again.
Who is a good candidate for this procedure?
This surgery is for people who are not overweight but have loose or sagging skin around their stomach area. It can also be used to tighten the muscles of the abdomen and improve muscle separation in people with loose skin due to pregnancy or weight loss.
- A person who has lost significant weight;
- has excess skin on the abdomen;
- has lost muscle tone in their abdominal region;
- is unhappy with their appearance due to stretching of the abdominal muscles;
- had children and now wants to return to their pre-pregnancy belly button location.
- Body mass index or BMI is one way to measure obesity. Based on this measurement you are considered either normal weight (BMI 18.5-24), overweight (BMI 25-29), or obese (BMI 30).
During the Surgical Procedure
During this procedure, the surgeon will make an incision along the bikini line to remove the excess fat and skin around the lower abdomen. Smaller incisions are also made on either side of your naval to remove any loose tissue. Afterward, they will close up the incisions with stitches or surgical staples and use compression garments to help reduce swelling and speed up healing time.
During or after surgery, they may also install liposuction drains to remove fluids that accumulate during the procedure.
The surgery can be done as an outpatient procedure under general anesthesia.
What are recovery periods?
Recovery time is typically only 1-2 days, and patients are able to return to work within 2 weeks.
Is it Safe?
A Mini Tummy Tuck can be a safe, effective and less invasive procedure to get rid of excess abdominal fat.
The procedure is a lot less invasive than other procedures for weight loss because it only involves the removal of the excess skin and fat from the abdominal area. The liposuction treatment can be done in a same-day surgery.
What are the Benefits?
The mini tummy tuck procedure is designed to help patients who are looking for a more minimal or conservative approach to their tummy tuck procedure.
- Patients who undergo this procedure can enjoy many benefits that are not available on other surgical procedures.
- For starters, this technique is less invasive than the traditional tummy tuck. The incision for this technique is much smaller on the stomach area, which reduces scarring and recovery time.
- A mini tummy tuck also allows for more natural looking results with minimal sagging of skin. As a result, patients can wear dress clothes with dignity.
- Furthermore, this procedure does not involve the cutting of muscles or repairing them in any way after surgery, which means that there is no pain associated with muscle spasms post-operation. This also reduces complications during the healing process.
What is the Cost of mini tummy tuck surgery in India?
A mini tummy tuck costs a few thousand dollars and is fairly common for women who have had a child and want to get their stomach back.
The cost of a mini tummy tuck can vary from several thousand dollars, depending on whether or not the procedure is done at a medical facility or in an outpatient setting. The cost of the procedure also depends on how many pounds need to be removed from the stomach. In some cases, more than one pound will be removed from the abdomen, which will add to the total cost of treatment.