What is Otoplasty and Why is it Beneficial?
Otoplasty, also known as Cosmetic Ear Surgery, is a surgical procedure in which the ears are reshaped to correct defects in their shape that affect the person’s appearance. This may be due to genetics, injury or birth defects.
Otoplasty can help improve a person’s self-confidence. This is because when people see their ears sticking out, it can be frightening or make them feel like they are being laughed at.
It is also a form of plastic surgery, which means that it helps to change the appearance of someone’s body by removing fat from problem areas and sculpting the body in order to look slimmer. Generally speaking, this type of surgery has no major complications and the recovery time is typically under one month.
The main reason for someone to decide to have an otoplasty would be to have better looking ears that were not as large or sticking out as much so it makes them.
Why is Otoplasty Beneficial?
The benefits of otoplasty surgery are vast. It can have a dramatic effect on the appearance, self-esteem and confidence of a person. It can also be used to correct birth defects, like when a baby’s ears stick out too far.
There are numerous reasons that otoplasty is beneficial. Depending on what you want to achieve with the surgery, it can be helpful in a number of ways.
- Otoplasty is helpful for those who have ear deformities or injuries because it provides them with an opportunity to better their appearance and feel more confident in themselves.
- Otoplasty is also beneficial for those who wish to obtain their “perfect” ear shape because it allows them to do so without any complications.
What you need to ask about Otoplasty to your plastic surgeon?
There are many factors to consider when deciding whether or not you should have an Otoplasty procedure. The most important of them all is the genetics of your ears.
Genetics and ear shape are not the only things to consider, there are also age, frequency of ear infections, and medical conditions that can affect the decision. Let’s take a look at some questions you need to ask your surgeon before deciding on Otoplasty:
– Do my ears stick out? If so, is it just one ear more than the other?
– How often do I get ear infections?
– What is my family history with Otoplasty?
– Are there any congenital deformities in my ears (e.g., droopy or cauliflowered)