Breast Implants: Things You Should Know
What is Breast Implants?
- Breast implants are used to augment the breast size.
- Implants can be either silicone or saline based and either put behind the chest muscle or in front.
- Right candidate: Smaller than desired full breasts, Shrinkage of the breast tissue after pregnancy and breastfeeding, Asymmetric breasts.
- Like all surgeries, implant has it risk and benefits. Specific risks include rupture, infection, hematoma, scarring, breast pain etc.
- Important to follow safety protocol and done under general anaesthesia.
- Might require redo surgery in cases where there is rupture/displacement or suspicion of ALCL.
- Breast implants done by most plastic surgeon but important to choose well trained surgeon exclusively in breast surgery for best results.
- Can return to light work in two days but takes up to a week for full resumption. Several weeks for the final recovery.
- Initial recovery can last for up to one week. Long-term recovery can last several weeks or more.
- Follow-up is required to monitor the progress and assess breast for any complications.
What is the Cost of Breast Implants in Delhi NCR India?
- Breast augmentation using silicone implant costs 1.3 -2.3 lakh rupees/ 1800USD- 3200 USD.
- Costs vary with type of implant used, incision, additional fat grafting.
- Breast implants being an elective cosmetic surgery is not covered under any insurance.
- Breast implants don’t have an expiry date.
- Many patients have these even after 10 years without any problem.
- Redo surgery can be required in cases where there is rupture of implant, risk of ALCL or patient wants it out.
- Avoid blood thinner medication including herbal medicines before surgery.
- Check type and brand of implant.
- Credentials of surgeon
- Stop smoking
Questions to ask
- Are you a certified plastic and cosmetic surgeon?
- Can I see the results of previous patients?
- How will be the recovery?
- When should I come up for follow up appointments?
Breast augmentation either through implants or fat grafting or combination is a specialized procedure which is customized according to the patient needs. Dr. Anmol Chugh is leading plastic and cosmetic surgeon based in Delhi-NCR with an extensive experience of breast implants and other breast procedures. He is fellow of Melbourne Institute of Plastic Surgery, Australia which does more than 50,000 breast augmentation surgeries per year.